Welcome to my blog! If you’re wondering what it’s all about you’ve clicked on the right place. In a nutshell, let me say that there are a lot of serious issues in our world today; I won’t be addressing them. I seem to be predisposed to see the humorous side of what is going on around me. This is a blog dedicated to looking at the lighter side of life.
If you are wondering about me, you’re in good company. My husband has been wondering about me for years (maybe I should have him read this for a little refresher course). Thanks for checking out my blog, and without further ado, I give you the highlights of me.
- I’m a Christian and active in my local church.
- I have a wonderful husband named Bob. We’ve been married since 1975. Bob is an engineer and gives me a fair amount of fodder for blogging due to the fact that I am not an engineer and actually am more like an anti-engineer, which means we never look at anything from the same perspective.
- Bob and I have four grown children (three sons and a daughter) and six grandchildren who show up in my blog from time to time. You’ll love reading about them – really, you will.
- I am a retired home-schooling mom, which sometimes shows up in my life as wanting to give learning opportunities. You’ll find one in the next bullet.
- We are privileged to have Bob’s dad and my parents live near us. All together they are 262 years old. Here’s a math problem for you: If both of the dads are the same age and my mom is five years younger, how old is my mom?
- People tell me I’m funny. I think they mean that as a compliment.
- I think laughter is one of the most amazing gifts that God ever gave us. A good sense of humor is a great support for our other five senses, especially as we get older.
- Since 1976, I have lived in Central Florida, which I love eight months out of the year.
- I am afraid of frogs and toads. I think it’s because they jump about unpredictably and might pee on you. That’s probably why I don’t like playing basketball, too (the jumping, not the peeing, though having had four kids, both may be a factor).
- I was born in Baltimore and raised in the Maryland suburbs just Southeast of D.C.
- I am an Oriole fan and think there will never be another player that can hold a candle to Cal Ripken, Jr.
- I’m a birder of sorts. I don’t go to great lengths to bird watch, but I do have the Peterson Guide to Birds app on my phone. I have thrown my neck out of whack bird watching and I have been known to do some pretty lame bird calls.
- I can’t whistle (which explains why my bird calls are so lame).
- I like my caffeine in my coffee not my sodas and I cannot drink it too late in the day, which is why I feel the liberty to sneak Caffeine Free Diet Coke into any movie theater that I attend after 4:00 pm and also boldly carry it with me when I go to Jason’s Deli or the local Fish and Chips restaurant.
- I like to talk to strangers.
- I am a recovering collector of weird and wonderful stuff; including happy meal toys, Barbie dolls, Lizzie High dolls, baseball cards, coffee mugs, postcards, and magnets of the states that I have visited. My first collection that I can remember was bottle caps. That was before twist-offs. I had a large box of those dirty things under my bed until I was about ten.
- I hate to exercise and make no apologies about it. Sorry.
- And for those of you who tried to do the math, my mom is 84. (Here’s the equation to first figure out the dads’ ages: 262=2X + X -5. I had Bob check my math – that’s a bonus that comes with having an engineer for a husband.)