Sedona!

View of Cathedral Rock

We arrived in Sedona expecting a cooler-than-normal time here. That is, cooler than Sedona’s normal, which of course would be cooler than my Florida normal this time of year and cooler than Sedona’s summertime normal, but it was supposed to be at least on the warm side. To sum things up, this Florida girl has been freezing.

It has been a surprise to me to look at the beautiful red rocks and experience the crisp air and long for humidity and heat. Perhaps the problem is that my Florida winter clothes have not cut it here, but even the locals are put out over the cold. I have resolved to move past it.

Therefore, I have spent more time in the Coffee Pot than I might have expected. It is adorable and packed with western charm. Behind it is the Coffee Pot mountain formation for which it is named. The Coffee Pot has been around since the 1950s and is going strong. Their coffee, though, is just right. Goldilocks would approve.

The building was formerly owned by Jane Russell, which is part of its claim to fame. It’s popular with locals and tourists alike. I tripped down a ramp and ended up chatting with a lady named Lilliamm, who made sure I was okay (I was). She has been going to breakfast there for 30 years. Impressive. Another claim to fame for the Coffee Pot is their 101 omelets. I figured by now Lilliamm would have tried them all, but she doesn’t even like omelets. I had an immediate connection with her. The food is amazing and the staff is friendly. It’s right on 89A. We could have walked there from our resort, but like I said, it’s been too cold for me to ruin breakfast by taking an early morning walk in the cold.

Do you see the coffee pot?

I encountered some great faces in their gift shop. I had to share them with you. They’re part of the charm of the place. What do you think? Have a favorite?

Sedona is very unique and has a different feel to it than any place I have visited in the US. I’ll share more of that soon. Thanks for traveling with me.

Next Post

17 Comments

1. Loved this! We’ve never been. ๐Ÿ™‚

Get Outlook for Android

________________________________

2. Great post ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Linda

/  May 23, 2019

The 2nd “face” with the black earrings is the one that caught my eye. Not that they look alike, but “she” reminded me of our sister, Chris. She has the best laugh ever, and this girl looked like she could really belt it out if given a voice! Have some fun for me – see you soon! Love you!!

4. Sedona often resonates in the souls of its visitors. Oh, wait- I think you meant you were shivering….

5. Enjoyed your post ๐Ÿ™‚ I love Sedona but have never been to the Coffee Pot. Will have to check it out next time I am there. I will never forget my first trip there. We arrived at night so I didn’t see the amazing views until the next morning. I felt like I woke up in heaven ๐Ÿ™‚ So beautiful. Thanks for the memories.

6. Jeanine Byers

/  May 24, 2019

My favorite face there is yours! Hope the weather warms up for you soon. And I bet that is a charming restaurant. I’d be willing to try those omelets for breakfast and dinner.

7. Martha DeMeo

/  May 25, 2019

Beautiful photos, enjoy! I loves the picture with you next to your “new found friend” LOL

8. I’ve never been there but it looks nice. You’ve really shown some of the different sides of it, here!